× Members

Could I get PIP?

More
5 years 5 months ago #220646 by June
Could I get PIP? was created by June
Hello everyone, I have just become a member after reading on line for help.
I have been on ESA WRAG for 5 years and was getting PIP daily rate but my PIP allowance was stopped 2 years ago after assessment. I did phone and was asked questions over phone and received a letter saying I was no longer entitled. I hadnt the energy to fight the decision and have been struggling with chronic back pain which I have injections for every four months. I also have Barrett's Eosophagus, hiatus hernia, under active thyroid, IBS and this week after years of being seen by different doctors and hospitals I was diagnosed by the Rheumatology department that I have Fibromyalga. I could have cried after years of blood tests and X-Ray's I finally knew I wasn't imagining the pain. My last appointment at the JobCentre my advisor told me to apply again for PIP as although I only work 6 hours a week I find it difficult some days. My question is has anyone else been through a similar situation and had any success? Any advice and help would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #220691 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Could I get PIP?
June

PIP isn't about your conditions but the limitations that result from them, that said, your having a diagnosis for your pain may help.

You can make a new claim for PIP at any time, there is no waiting time.

If you are working then you are going to have to explain how you manage this and still have problems with the PIP activities.

See our PIP Claim guide for the criteria that you will have to show that you meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: June

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.