× Members

Cancelling an ESA assessment-circumstances.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220655 by Starmaster
Hello ,

Unfortunately ,I've been sent in for a medical ,ESA support group.I provided a lot of evidence ,including recent letters from support workers,health professionals ,etc stating the negative effects an assessment would have on my health,and that my conditions were the same.The last time I was assessed ,it was the usual nightmare and went to Tribunal ,which unsurprisingly immediately overturned the DWP decision ,and also recommended ,in a pretty harsh written statement that I do not be assessed again for two years ,and only if my circumstances change.

I sent in the ESA50 form ,in August,and thought that things were ok-I only heard at the end of last week that I have a medical ,next week.

The question I have is this.My father is ill with terminal cancer-he's in hospital at the moment,and being released for palliative end of life care at home.I'm finding this extremely difficult to cope with, and with the extra stress of the assessment ,and the likelihood they will do the same as last time,was wondering if anyone had experience of situations where they are likely to allow at least a delay in the assessment ?I'm all over the place ,really and don't even know how to approach this.I can provide further documentary proof to them ,although information about my father's circumstances and the impact an assessment would have were in my form sent to the DWP ,though they have taken no notice of this.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220702 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Cancelling an ESA assessment-circumstances.
Stuart

I think you will need the assistance of your GP if you are to get a Paper Based Review, you need them to write to Maximus explaining why a face to face interview will be detrimental to your health and offering to provide any additional information that the might need to be able to do a PBR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Starmaster

More
5 years 7 months ago #220766 by Starmaster
Replied by Starmaster on topic Cancelling an ESA assessment-circumstances.
Many thanks Gordon I think that will be the course of action ,however experience tells me that paper based reviews can be just an excuse ,as with the medicals,to put us through the grinder ,even though they know a Tribunal will overturn their decision.

Thank you for your advice, much appreciated,and I will ask my GP to intervene,though they haven't left me much time to arrange it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.