× Members

Fit note confusion

More
5 years 7 months ago #220765 by dawnfrancis
Fit note confusion was created by dawnfrancis
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and I do apologize if this has been asked before - I've found some information on fit notes but I'm not sure how it relates to my circumstances.

I'm supporting my sister whose ESA was stopped this year. Her MR was turned down and we are now appealing.

For the past few years she has been doing 12 hours of 'permitted work' a week and was told she did not need to supply fit notes any longer. She is still doing these hours but no more due to her health condition.

My question is she still 'exempt' from providing fit notes during the appeal or does she now need to provide them? Unfortunately her GP has previously stated she will not provide fit notes for someone who is actually working (in fact my sister is being penalised all-round for trying to help herself by doing permitted work - the DWP have used it against her to stop the ESA and turn down the MR :-( but that's a whole other story...............)

Many thanks in advance, and apologies again if this has been addressed before

Dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220782 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fit note confusion
Dawn

She does not have to provide Fit Notes during an appeal but it will mean that she will not be entitled to payment of the ESA Assessment rate while she waits for a hearing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawnfrancis

More
5 years 7 months ago #220803 by dawnfrancis
Replied by dawnfrancis on topic Fit note confusion
Thank you Gordon I really appreciate your quick reply. I am finding this site invaluable and the guides have helped so much already.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.