× Members

up to date ESA 50 form not available online - help

More
5 years 4 months ago #220920 by J
Hi all,

I've just had the ESA assessment sprung on me - the form I have is feburary 2017 and isnt up to date. The DWP have just sent me on to ring four different lines all of which cant help, because the current ESA50 isnt online, they cant provide one and they will online send out another physical copy or help me fill it in via form. I live alone, I cannot write, and I cannot coherently talk due to various disabilities (and dont trust them to screw me over frankly). Has anyone had any luck with this? Deeply distressed at the moment!

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #220936 by Gordon
J

You can use the 2017 form there have been no changes to the ESA Descriptors, that you are actually assessed against, since 2013.

If you struggle to write then it's perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the ESA50, just make sure that each page has your full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #221055 by J
Hi,

Thanks for your message - unfortunately the form has definitely slightly changed, at least the pages are laid out differently or extended (with a different date at the bottom for the form type) so I am unsure if I can still use this. I got dragged around various DWP numbers and none said it was OK to use the old form, but the final person I did speak to said it was an IT error rather than anything else, and that the new form would be up sooner than later (unlike the first phonecall i had, that stated it could take a month, which is ever so helpful with the time limit). I'm really not sure what do do at this stage except answer the queries and wait for the new form to be re-uploaded?

Thanks that's helpful - I feel that latter idea may be a safer bet than using the old form but I am very worried of risking anything with them.

More
5 years 4 months ago #221082 by Gordon
J

Please don't confuse what the form says with the legally defined Descriptors that you are being assessed against, the latter have not changed so it does not matter what the form says. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #221322 by Robbie
Hopefully this isn't too late for J but the latest version of the ESA50 has now been made available online.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/capab...r-work-questionnaire

As I'm expecting an ESA50 in the very near future I phoned the DWP online helpdesk yesterday (phone number is in the above link along with the ESA50 PDF version) and spoke to one of the helpdesk team. I mentioned that the interactive PDF form had been removed from the gov.uk website on 2 November and explained that I needed a PDF version as soon as possible. I was told that the revised version of the form (ESA50 05/18) would be online by the end of the week and it has now been uploaded. Perhaps they have been receiving multiple phone calls about this?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, petrocelli

More
5 years 3 months ago #222097 by J
Hi- thanks so much for your help. I'm sorry it took so long for me to respond, I've been in panic-city! Next stop, pray-for-no-medical-again town :(.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.