× Members

Just got my DLA to PIP result - Zero Points

More
5 years 2 months ago #225393 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just got my DLA to PIP result - Zero Points
Amber

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amber

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #225401 by Amber
Many thanks for reply - and you even answered my next puzzlement as I had seen a welfare rights person before who completed a SSCS1 form for me before I sent my MR. She had said then it was a waste of time doing a MR but I was still hopeful. What suprised me at the time is without even looking at my claim form from a brief 10 mins chat she wrote out the grounds for the appeal in just 9 lines and I was worried that it was a bit brief.
Your comment of the fact there is no need to give detailed reasons at this stage was very helpful.
I will go through the form again although my MR did very clearly point out the sections that I feel I score and why.
I feel a bit more bugged now about the assessor saying to me that " I would not need to appeal this time" Do you think I should have followed this up I received the copy and is it too late to complain now. She also told me that some reports sent to the DWP are sent back to them for amendment as the DWP say the report is "improbable" I am beginning to wonder if mine was one!
Is there any benefit in letting MP's know how frustrating this process is?

More
5 years 2 months ago #225404 by Gordon
Amber

It can't hurt to involve your MP, there is nothing practical that they can do at this stage but if this changes then they will already have some knowledge of your problems.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #225410 by Amber
I will write to MP I think they should know what goes on!
What would you advise re the question of the assessor - saying " I wouldn't need to appeal this time"?

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #225423 by Gordon

Amber wrote: I will write to MP I think they should know what goes on!
What would you advise re the question of the assessor - saying " I wouldn't need to appeal this time"?

Nothing, stick to dealing with issues that score you points, the panel won't appreciate you raising issues that are unrelated to your being eligible for an award.

Gordon

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.