× Members

Universal credit and new style esa

More
5 years 4 months ago #220952 by Peter Parker
Universal credit and new style esa was created by Peter Parker
Having moved to a UC area as I was offered social housing there by my former non UC council, I have lost sdp as a consequence. I've read about disabled people migrated over to UC having transactional protection, but i hear very little about those who had a change circumstances, often through no fault of their own, having any form of protection. What is the current and possible outcome for people like me?
Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #220962 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal credit and new style esa
Peter

As of today, you have no options but the Government are carrying out a consultation to amend UC to take account of the SD Premium, this should include compensation for claimants who have already lost their SDP. I'm afraid the report from the consultation is 179 pages so I am waiting for someone to produce a two-page summary that I can actually digest.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #220986 by Peter Parker
Replied by Peter Parker on topic Universal credit and new style esa
Thanks Gordon, I am hoping for good news.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.