× Members

My pip appeal result

More
5 years 5 months ago #220987 by Iris Namurach
My pip appeal result was created by Iris Namurach
i have been awarded pip standard rate for both living and mobility i accept their descision on the living component, but for the mobility part although i have been agoraphobic for many years and am unable to go out alone under any circumstances they awarded me 4 points planning and following a journey and 4 points for moving around. they didnt have a copy of the appeal on the dayvand we had to leave the room while they read the copy we yook with us . they based their decision on my oral evidence. i have been advised notto say anything as they may take back what they have already awarded me. what can i do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221002 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My pip appeal result
Dotty

Just to confirm, this award (4+4) was made by an Appeal panel?

If it was then your options are limited. You can take the matter further because you disagree with the Decision but if you can show that there was an Error of Law in the making of the Decision then you can appeal to the Upper Tier Tribunal for a new hearing. Be aware that you are looking at at least a year for the process and the most likely result is a new First Tier hearing, so there is no guarantee that the Decision will be revised.

You also have the option of reporting a Change of Circumstances but this will result in a full reassessment of your claim and the new Decision, whatever it is will, will supersede your existing award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #221262 by Iris Namurach
Replied by Iris Namurach on topic My pip appeal result
Thank you Gordon,
Amongst the paperwork that was missing was a letter from my gp. Confirming that I suffer with agoraphobia, unfortunately we didn't give them that on the day as we thought they had it.my guess is that the original full set of paperwork went astray when the rescheduled the tribunal date. It seems the only papers they had were the original dwp papers. It was based largely on my oral evidence on the day. I don't think I can go through another year of the stress my confidence what little I had has gone I feel old and defeated, so I will just be grateful for what I've got . But I do feel for others too as it seems that even the so called points system and medical evidence means nothing.Horrendous experience. Thank goodness for your website Thank you all.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221290 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My pip appeal result
Dottydame

Did you send the missing documents to the Tribunal Service?

Did you receive a copy back?

If you can show that there were papers missing from the evidence then this would be a reason for the Decision to be Set Aside and a new hearing convened.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.