× Members

Still awaiting WCA outcome

More
5 years 5 months ago #221023 by pollenpath
Still awaiting WCA outcome was created by pollenpath
Hello Gordon, hope this finds you well.

My WCA was exactly 4 weeks ago today. I've been in SG for the last few years and this was my first reassessment face to face, all previous ones having been paper-based. I attended a centre. Noted that the assessor was that rarity in these situations, a genuine doctor! And felt that he was sympathetic and helpful. On the other hand, I might just be making that up because the thought of being shafted by the Health Assessment Advisory Service (sic) is too terrifying to contemplate!

Well, I haven't heard from DWP, except that I called them a week ago and was only told that my case hadn't yet been allocated to a decision maker. Is it possible that they're in no hurry to shunt me to WRAG, or heaven forbid, UC? I've come across posts in which people find out fairly quickly if they've (sadly) been removed from SG. I'm too superstitious to call DWP again before they write to me, but I'm wondering if no news is good news in these circumstances. When my DLA was effectively halved after a PIP assessment last year, they wrote to me within a week, as I recall. Seemingly couldn't wait to bring me the bad tidings, since it meant them saving money! Think the evidence with my ESA50 was pretty robust.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221027 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Still awaiting WCA outcome
pollenpath

There was a slowdown in the summer but times should be coming down now, the delay is not a reflection of the Decision in any way, it is simply the time it takes for your file to get to the top of the pile.

There can easily be more than a weeks difference between the Decision being made and you receiving written notice of it, so it is worth your phone the DWP regularly to see if one has been made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pollenpath

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.