× Members

ESA3QR(IBR) 06/18 Form - Advice please

More
5 years 5 months ago #221787 by Francisca
Replied by Francisca on topic ESA3QR(IBR) 06/18 Form - Advice please
Hello Moderators

I have received one of these forms this week.

It states that my ESA replaced my Incapacity Benefit. I have never received IB only SDA, so this was weird and will confuse many people who may ignore it as sent in error.

In the reasons for not claiming, it fails to ask whether one has ill-health pensions from previous employers. I would have thought this was an obvious question - unless such pensions suddenly don't count as income for this purpose? So are people supposed to include them in as income? Same goes for a husband/partner's ESA/state pension - are people supposed to mention them.

A badly designed form as always.

Additionally, they call these payments 'premiums' when they are really a late payment of due payments illegally held back. They should be legally obliged to state on the letter that they have been underpaying for years, so these are back payments.

I'm not eligible anyway but it makes me mad for those who have fallen foul of this illegal behaviour.

Moderators' comments would be welcome and helpful, I think, on what exactly claimants should declare as income. I have a feeling that, if they don't declare ill-health/private pensions etc, the money will be demanded back some time in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221799 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA3QR(IBR) 06/18 Form - Advice please
Toadlet

They are making a form that was not designed for this specific task fit to it.

The form does have sections on pensions and ill-health payments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #221814 by Francisca
Replied by Francisca on topic ESA3QR(IBR) 06/18 Form - Advice please
"They are making a form that was not designed for this specific task fit to it".

That explains something!! So people really need to read the whole form before deciding whether and how to proceed or not - and NOT rely on the questions on the actual letter.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.