× Members

Pip

More
5 years 5 months ago #221401 by Carole Oldham
Pip was created by Carole Oldham
I had been on DLA for 11yrs then the brown letter came to apply for P.I.P. which i did had to have a home assessment in which was like an interrogation which made me more nervous .The assessor didn't want my husband to answer for me and in the end the assessor walked out . After a few days i got a letter from DWP to say i didn't attend the assessment so they are stopping my money. My husband ask them to look at it again which they did but again a got refused we asked for a copy of the assessor's report which we never got . I have now been waiting for 6 months for my appeal to come through in the mean time i can't go out as we had to give the mobility car back and we cannot afford taxis . My husband also lost his carers money even though he his still looking after me . This is so unfair i have just join BW so i am new to this i hope i have done this right. I have Fibromyalgia which has now spread through my body and makes it very painful to walk plus i have other health problems . My anxiety problems are through the roof at the moment with all this waiting for my appeal to come through. I don't understand how DWP can knock me off when i was getting DLA for 11yrs in which time my condition has got worse i was on the higher rate for both indefinite now i have nothing due to one assessor . Please could BW help .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221435 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip
C

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

From your post, it sounds as if your claim was refused for failing to participate in the assessment, most likely because of your husband trying to answer on your behalf.

As a result, there will be no assessment report and your appeal is solely concerned with the failure, they will not be looking at your conditions and your limitations and the only results will be that they agree that you did not participate or that you did in which case a new face to face should be booked, you should also ask the Judge to direct the DWP to put your DLA back into payment as they are unlikely to do this otherwise.

If the appeal fails then you can make a new claim for PIP immediately, there is no waiting time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #221484 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip
Hi C
Sorry you lost your benefit. follow Gordon's advice. He is the expert.

Just two things from personal experience. - Do not waste your time or energy thinking because you had DLA you should automatically be awarded PIP - it just doesn't happen that way and you will get more anxious the more you think about it.

If you do find yourself reapplying for your PIP - read the guides here. They are long but invaluable. Many of the UK fibromyalgia forums are full of people who have been refused PIP. I have it and I was awarded the higher rate for both components and that was mostly because of what I learned here. (I also had a nice assessor but that is unfortunately the luck of the draw).

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.