× Members

DLA to PIP - Mobility not awarded.

More
5 years 4 months ago #221426 by LinW13
DLA to PIP - Mobility not awarded. was created by LinW13
Hiya, I have sent in a Mandatory Reconcideration, but in the meantime what do I do about:-
1. My Blue Badge which expires in May 2019 - Do I hand it back?
2. Vehicle Excise Duty Exemption - Do I inform them?

Also, how long should I wait for the DWP to get back to me about the MR. I have got proof of delivery of the CRMR1 to them, but I don't want to fall beyween the cracks.

Kind regards Lin W.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 4 months ago #221449 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP - Mobility not awarded.
Lin

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Yes, you need to speak to both your Local Authority and the DVLA.

MRs usually take 5-8 weeks but there has been some delay in the PIP Decision process which will certainly add weeks to this and perhaps longer.

Have a look at our PIP guides for assistance with the process and showing that you meet the criteria for a Mobility award,

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you have any specific questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
More
5 years 4 months ago #221454 by LinW13
Replied by LinW13 on topic DLA to PIP - Mobility not awarded.
Thanks Gordon.
I have already downloaded a load of helpful stuff and will get cracking on my tribunal even though they have not got back about the MR. I will be challenging the medical report as per your 50 ways document.

Having a long standing disability and relative good health I don't see much of my GPs. And I only see my hospital consultant annually. So I thought I would get a paid for report from a physiotherapist as evidence.

I don't enjoy jumping through these hoops at the age of 68, but I was born after the cut-off so that is that.

All best of luck to everyone.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.