× Members

Paper assessment for ESA

More
5 years 5 months ago #221460 by Stef
Paper assessment for ESA was created by Stef
I've recently had an ESA50 form which was completed along with a GP letter requesting a home visit due to mental health issues plus a letter from my oncologist stating my physical health issues and their causes.
Got welfare rights to act on my behalf due to struggling to cope
DWP said no GP letter had been received so welfare rights put in an official complaint with only 6 days to go to my f2f WCA.
In short, evidence had to be sent again.. In the meantime I sent in some extra evidence which had been provided from my mental health assessment and today just 2 hours after it had been emailed I have been told my f2f has been cancelled and they have decided they have enough evidence to do a paper assessment.
Universal credit is now in my area so wondering if I will have to apply for UC separately or will I be transferred over? Totally confused. Not sure if a paper assessment is a good or bad thing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221470 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Paper assessment for ESA
Stef

A Paper Based Review is usually a good thing, it is only done when there is sufficient information for a recommendation to be made to the DWP to be made and that your conditions are ones that warrant one.

No one is being moved to UC before the end of next year unless they need to make a new claim for one of the benefits that come under the UC umbrella.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.