× Members

supporting evidence from my GP for mental health

More
5 years 5 months ago #221474 by clivelate
Hi, i have downloaded the guides from the members section.

I went and saw my GP today on my pip claim ( i have posted on this forum already about this) and she was very supportive today, and said she would help me in any way she can.

So what supporting evidence from my GP will help, yes i can get her comments like it said in the members site, but as i suffer from mental health problems, and i cant leave the house on my own etc etc, how is she meant to prove this as she dont live with me, its not like she can send a x ray to help.

I told her today of the problems, and she had a quick read of the report i have been sent (pa4) and she was shocked at how bad the report is, she also said she has already had 3 other people in this week with atos pip reports being full of rubbish as she is happy to help them as well.

Is there anything she can really put on paper that can help i cant see her saying yes i agree with what the clent has told the DWP, being much use.

Any tips please

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221477 by Gordon
clivelate

Unless your GP Is asking for direction in how to respond to what you have shown her then I think you need to let her get on with it, I am not as pessimistic as you are about a GPs ability to comment meaningfully on your problems. There will be symptoms of your conditions that they will know that you have because all patients have these problems, there will also be ones that they will be able to imply based on the conversation that they have had with you and the level of medication that you take.

So as some admittedly simple examples; someone with Agoraphobia is going to have problems going out and someone with OCD is reasonably likely to need prompting in order to start and complete many of the PIP activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: clivelate

More
5 years 5 months ago #221483 by clivelate
Replied by clivelate on topic supporting evidence from my GP for mental health
Hi, saw my GP today, and she wants to help, she is happy to write a letter, or fill in the forms that i want here to fill in.

I'm not saying she will or wont do a great job of filling in the forms/letter, i understand its no use in saying clivelate has had depression for 25 years, that isn't going to help.

I was just wondering, if there are any "correct words" that she can use, i have read that by just adding or wording things in a certain way can make all the difference.

I'm not going to ask her to write something she is not happy with,, that would be wrong of her to do so, my worry is there is no medial evidence as such, only her opinion and what i have told her, she said to me today, you have told me a lot of things in the last 6 months, and i have no doubt you are telling me the truth of how you are coping with your life etc, but as i have said there is no evidence of anything, only what i have told her.

If i had a physical illness x rays etc can be shown, with mental health there is nothing.

i guess all i can do is leave the report to her, but i don't really want to pay for a letter or a report if its of no help, money is really tight as im on ESA.

More
5 years 5 months ago #221492 by Gordon
clivelate

It will help if they echo the phraseology used in the PIP Descriptors, there is a GP Notes document in the PIP area which may help, either by them completing it or by them using it to help them produce their own report, it has the Descriptors listed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: clivelate

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.