× Members

Recording PIP Assessment

More
5 years 6 months ago #221935 by Kevin L
Recording PIP Assessment was created by Kevin L
I know the requirements for recording are that a) I will need to be able to produce two identical tapes or CDs, b) sign a form stating what the recording can and can't be used for and c) that the recording process can't interfere with the assessment.

It is the the last one of these requirements that I'm concerned about. I have two identical cheap tape cassette recorders with a power cable length of only 5ft. They really need to be quite close to the sound source as the quality isn't great. With that in mind:

1) Will I be able to set them on the table between me and the assessor?
2) Will they allow me to use an extension lead?
3) Can they be moved closer during the physical examination assuming this takes place away from the table?
4) Any other info on this or first hand experiences that might help?

I should point out that it will be my friend who is accompanying me who will be looking after setting this up for me. Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #221982 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recording PIP Assessment
Kev

1. You should be able to

2. Yes

3. It may not be physically possible. Some members have bought separate microphones to plug into the recording decks as this gives a better recording volume and also more flexibility. I would do a real-world test before attending the appointment to understand what works and what does not

4. Use new tapes and unwrap them in front of the assessor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #221988 by Kevin L
Replied by Kevin L on topic Recording PIP Assessment
Thank you Gordon. That is very helpful.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.