× Members

pip appeal withdrawn

More
5 years 6 months ago #222257 by subby
pip appeal withdrawn was created by subby
My wife has severe epilepsy but was dropped to standard care on dla to pip transfer being awarded 11 points we did mr and was still given 11 points . so applied for appeal , today we got a letter from pip saying they have now changed points to 12 so will get enhanced for both. My question is they gave one extra point but in appeal she was asking for points for several other descriptors accepting one point will that mean she cannot ask for the other points in 3 years when it comes up for review, don't want to rock the boat but do not want problems in the future.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #222270 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip appeal withdrawn
Colin

Congratulations on getting the award revised, well done.

No, it won't have any impact on her scoring higher the next time her claim is reassessed, you just need to start from scratch in showing that she meets the criteria for those activities that were not scored.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: subby

More
5 years 6 months ago #222322 by alesypalsy
Replied by alesypalsy on topic pip appeal withdrawn

colin wrote: My wife has severe epilepsy but was dropped to standard care on dla to pip transfer being awarded 11 points we did mr and was still given 11 points . so applied for appeal , today we got a letter from pip saying they have now changed points to 12 so will get enhanced for both. My question is they gave one extra point but in appeal she was asking for points for several other descriptors accepting one point will that mean she cannot ask for the other points in 3 years when it comes up for review, don't want to rock the boat but do not want problems in the future.

HI, thats great news,, do you mean that you had already had a mandatory reconsideration refused and that you were appealing to tribunal ? and they sent this before you would of had to attend court?
thanks for reply in advance

More
5 years 6 months ago #222360 by subby
Replied by subby on topic pip appeal withdrawn
yes had sent off paperwork to courts and was waiting for pip to send in their papers but instead they awarded extra points and withdrew the appeal. was not expecting this as they were adamant in the reply to mr that the points were correct.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.