× Members

PIP home medical assessment

More
5 years 6 months ago #222335 by SuziQ
PIP home medical assessment was created by SuziQ
I am having my review home assessment on 11/12/18 ( my PIP runs till Sept 2019)

On reading the guides in preparation I noticed the possibility of “more housing benefit if you receive the severe disability premium” I wondered if this would apply to me?
I have had this extra premium from day one of my ESA 2013 ( though backdated as not automatically applied ) my recent ESA Appeal was won in August 2018 & runs for at least 24 months & I was moved into the support group - Thank You .
I assumed housing would have relevant information.
Should I be contacting housing with this information since they pay the normal rate towards my rent & I top up the deficit myself .
Is it known how much extra they pay & therefore is it worth pursing ?
Thank you moderators in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #222377 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP home medical assessment
Suzi

Housing Benefit does not work like other benefits., you are given an income allowance, the SDP will increase this, as long as you do not fully erode this allowance then you will receive full HB, so unless your HB is being reduced due to your income and you are not already receiving the SDP, which is unlikely, then you will already be receiving the full rate but if you are still unsure then give them a ring.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.