× Members

ESA50 Mental health claimant

More
5 years 6 months ago #222338 by Susie27
ESA50 Mental health claimant was created by Susie27
Hello all,
I am very grateful to everyone who posts on this forum and, of course, Gordon. This is my 2nd post as I work through ESA 50.
I suffer predominantly with Severe Anxiety and Agorophobia, as well as Depression. I am taking strong medication to help with this.
My query concerns answering physical health questions as well as mental health. With the help of an excellent support worker and this forum, I have answered somr of the physical health stuff as my medication and mental illnesses have a profound effect on my physical daily life. I am worried that an assessor will get hacked off at my filling in both sections. Please forgive my paranoia but is is ok to fill in both sections? I will also write why I have done both sections. I have ensured my answers refer back to my mental health issues and meds.
Oh golly, this is such a tough process. I have supporting statements from psychologist and a care plan from my social worker, to send, too.
I apologiise for such a long post.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #222379 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA50 Mental health claimant
Susie

It's perfectly OK for you to complete both sections but you do need to be aware that you cannot score in the physical section if the underlying condition causing the problems is a physical one or for the mental health section if the underlying problem is a physical one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susie27

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.