× Members

Home asssessment

More
5 years 6 months ago #222344 by BlueAngel
Home asssessment was created by BlueAngel
Hi my partner had a face to face assessment on a (Friday) at home. Unfortunately the capita interviewer didn't arrive. I phoned Capita to inform them, we were told to wait the full hour from the time it was meant to be then to continue as normal and phone them on Monday, which we did.
Incidentally we waited in all day. Anyway I phoned and they then said they would have investigate the issue. Ok. He now has a face to face appointment at a centre on a day when there are other appointments at the same time and not at home.
Can they do this. I can't cancel the other appointment have been waiting 4 months plus for this appointment. Can I rearrange and ask why it was good enough for him to have a home assessment and now it isn't?

TIA

Confused.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #222387 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home asssessment
BA

Be aware, we have had other members report that the Capita assessor for a home assessment has said that they attended and no one answered the door, several even have a video of them approaching but not actually knocking! Where this has happened they have treated it as one of the two opportunities that a claimant has to attend.

So contact them, I would lead with what happened at the first assessment and then why a home assessment hasn't been offered this time. If they have treated the first appointment as a missed one then they won't allow you to re-book, they will have to make the decision to do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlueAngel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.