× Members

Can you challenge a reward/review length date ??

More
5 years 3 months ago #222614 by layla
Hi, I just wanted to say a big thank you for your amazing guides as I found them most helpful and a great support when I did my change of circumstances for my pip claim. I did the unthinkable and notified the DWP of a change of circumstances as my needs had changed and I was receiving a bit more help, I rocked that boat, terrified of the consequences however fortunately it went good (I hope) as after receiving the Atos medical report they seem to have given me the extra points for care, taking it to high rate care, and leaving my mobility as low rate which is fine as it was the care bit that I was challenging.

Anyhoo I have not as yet had the official pip award letter but after reading posts about the decision maker usually using the points/info scored from the HP in making their final decision I am fairlyish confident it will be ok (I hope lol). The worry I have is the HP has put in a review date of only 1 year and I was wondering is there any way I can challenge that? Is it best to wait until I receive the official pip reward letter or can I write out to the DM before I receive their decision? I was so delighted with the Atos medical report, I have only ever been awarded pip through Tribunal stage, never through DWP so couldn't believe it, then to see the bit at the end of the report bout review in one year, talk about building you up then shooting you down in flames lol aahh it's the pip rollercoster of uncertainty keeping you in a permanent state of worry and anxiety :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #222619 by Gordon
Layla

The PIP Decision process is running long at the moment with members reporting current wait times as eight weeks, if you haven't heard by Christmas then it is worth your phoning them as they can tell you the result over the phone as long as the Decision Letter has been sent.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: layla

More
5 years 3 months ago #222680 by layla
Thank you for your quick reply, can I ask a wee quick question please, can you tell what is the shortest award length they can give you for pip? I read in another thread it is 18 months, is this right? or can it be even shorter eek?

More
5 years 3 months ago #222694 by Gordon

layla wrote: Thank you for your quick reply, can I ask a wee quick question please, can you tell what is the shortest award length they can give you for pip? I read in another thread it is 18 months, is this right? or can it be even shorter eek?

The shortest award is nine months but that is extremely rare.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: layla

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.