× Members

PIP review

More
5 years 3 months ago #222672 by Harishah
PIP review was created by Harishah
I was given a enhanced rate under Daily Living and standard rate under the mobility component. The award letter stated that this would be until the 29 November 2019. However the letter also stated that after the 29 November 2018 DWP would contact again to ascertain if there has been any changes in conditions. In December 2017 I was diagnosed with Coronary Heart Disease which required a stent implant because of a major blockage in my main artery. I did not inform DWP about this out of fear of being called up for another face to face which maybe I should have and now they may hold that against me for not informing.

My worry now is that the 29 November date has passed and DWP have still not contacted me for a review.

I have multiple serious health conditions which are lifelong and progressive. Would DWP look at these before deciding if they want to carry out a review or will they just advice me if they are going to extend my award or re-apply when it ends next year?

I am worrying with stress from all the negative stories I read in the forum about the experiences others have suffered with their reviews and with my health as it is I could do without the additional stress and worry in not knowing if a review will be carried out or not.

Can you offer and advise on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #222684 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review
Hari

Even if they have initiated a reassessment process on 29 November I would not expect you to receive the documentation until next week. If you are really concerned about what is going on or not then contact the DWP office dealing with your claim.

The only likely fallout from your not reporting heart condition to the DWP is that they are very unlikely to backdate any increased award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #222685 by Gordon
Hari

Even if they have initiated a reassessment process on 29 November I would not expect you to receive the documentation until next week. If you are really concerned about what is going on or not then contact the DWP office dealing with your claim.

The only likely fallout from your not reporting heart condition to the DWP is that they are very unlikely to backdate any increased award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Harishah

More
5 years 3 months ago #222745 by Harishah
Replied by Harishah on topic PIP review
Today I received the dreaded brown envelope asking for my PP review. The form is different to the AR1 copis I have seen. My form basically asks:

Tell us if something has changed and approximately when.
Tell us how you manage this activity, including the use of any aids that you need.
Tell us about any changes to the help that you need or the help you get from another person.

My needs have not changed from my last application other than a new medical condition so basically my answer is going to be same as I had given with my original application with some minor adjustments in light of the new diagnosed condition.

I have already prepared separate pages for each criteria which gives detailed information which I want to attach to their questions because the space provided on the application is simply not enough (three blank lines) to give detailed picture. Can I do this or will DWP reject this method of giving answers?

I also want to send all my reports again with this application and there are quite a few but I am fearful that in view of sending all these again DWP may deem this as information overload I may be asked for another face to face assessment as I seem to have interpreted from others experience of this. Can you please advise me on this?

DWP have given me a deadline of 29 December which seems particularly silly considering the christmas holidays and posting times but hopefully I should be able to meets this as I have done most of my preparation in advance so it just a case of going over making sure all the relevant information has been recorded.

My main worry is facing another stressful face to face assessment which I can do without with the stresses associated with my medical conditions but this is out of my hands.

Any helpful advice would be most appreciated.

More
5 years 3 months ago #222771 by Gordon
Hari

Our PIP Claim guide covers this new AR1, the criteria you are being assessed against is the same as before.

A F2F is less likely on reassessment than when you originally claimed PIP but not significantly, it is going to depend on what is in and with your form, I'm afraid there is no guaranteed formula for this.

It's much more important with this version of the form that you provide detailed explanations of your problems. Two things can help deal with the "overload" that you mention; first be concise, I am not saying to miss out content but consider whether you can whether one sentence will provide the same information as one paragraph, secondly think about your presentation, no long paragraphs, consider numbering them and provide an index of the information that you are providing.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Harishah

More
5 years 3 months ago #222920 by Harishah
Replied by Harishah on topic PIP review
Just seen the "bombshell" news, if you can can call it that , abou 1 in 4 applicants have their PIP stopped at review stage.

I am just in the process of submitting my review and have a multiple number of conditions which fall under Physiatric, Respiratory, Musculoskeletal, Cardiac, Diabetes and Spinal and these are just the more major ones. It is very scary how the DWP will look at these and treat one as the main one to base their decision on.

I got my award with my initial application but looking at the latest news I am now rather worried as to what is now going to happen with the review if so many have their awards stopped all together.

I suppose this out of my hands but daunting prospect of waiting is going to be very worrying.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.