× Members

getting evidence for my pip claim from my GP

More
5 years 5 months ago #222906 by clivelate
Hi, i went and saw my GP today, we talked about the Pip report i had recived from Atos and the fact i scored Zero points for all the pip tasks

I had seen her a month earlier but at that time i only had the report, and not the decsion letter, but today i showed her the letter, and she like myself was not surprised by the overall score.

I printed out the pip Claimant Request for GP comment on the memembers site and showed her this., however she didnt seem very happy to help , and said i would have to pay for this to be filled out, i then said ok, but then she went on to say, if the DWP wanted this evidence they would ask for it, and they would then pay for that infomation to be completed and sent to them.

The fact the DWP or Atos dont contact most peoples doctors is well known, I only see my GP, so i wonder if there is anything else i can do, i have sent the MR letter today tot he DWP, and my doctor printed out some of my medical notes but i dont think that is going to help.

Any ideas please, on what to do now, should i offer to pay her to fill in this paperwork again or is there anyway of getting the DWP to contact my GP so they see what she has to say, she knows all about my mental health problems, and how it effects me.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #222907 by Gordon
clivelate

As the DWP have made a Decision on your claim they are not now going to source any additional information, you need to test your GP, although you may already be able to make a decision on this, as to whether they are prepared to offer any sensible help.

If you do opt to pay for something, a letter, report or are GP Notes document, make sure you that you understand what you are getting and that it is value for money.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: clivelate

More
5 years 5 months ago #222909 by clivelate
Replied by clivelate on topic getting evidence for my pip claim from my GP
thanks, ill see her early next year, but i think unless the DWP contact her directly, she isnt going to be of much help, i will speak to her, but after todays meeting, i`m not that hopeful, i wonder how much the court panel would rely on her report or paperwork, can i really win a court case without the evidence of my GP.?

Thanks

More
5 years 5 months ago #222932 by Gordon

clivelate wrote: can i really win a court case without the evidence of my GP.?

Thanks

Yes, it is perfectly possible, I didn't submit anything from my GP.

You can access your medical records at your GP Practice, this may provide you with letters and reports that support your problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #222955 by clivelate
Replied by clivelate on topic getting evidence for my pip claim from my GP
hi yes i got them already, but it only shows anxiety/depression and nothing in the way it effects me day to day.

When i sent off my pip booklet, i sent in a court letter which was for esa (im in the support group) which also fitted the pip deceptions (its 18 months old now though), and also many other things which the DWP didn't even look it, or at least it seems it didn't, as the decision letter never stated any of them, it only stated the Atos consultation, which was total fiction.

Dont think there is much i can do now, the MR is in, but i dont have alot to show that they havent seen already, due to the doctor not really helping on filling out the form i asked her to fill in.

I will have to decide if i ask her again, and offer to pay for it to be done, my GP said to get the DWP to request it, and then it wont cost me anything and she would gladly fill it in, but that is easier said than done, the DWP wont want the full prove to come out and her views known i guess, it wont help there case, to refuse me pip
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris