× Members

Rushed questions at PIP assessment /4-5 months ful

More
5 years 6 months ago #223013 by wideyes
Had my PIP assessment today in my wheelchair . Took my Advocate from POHWER and a friend . We recorded assessment .
40 questions were rushed through using excuse “ there is a lot to get through !”
Assessor let me sit in my wheelchair next to her to see what she was typing on screen however I have little faith in how she interpreted what I said .

She must have been typing non stop for 90 minutes
Question : what did you do when you left school ?
Response “ went to college 1976 for one year !”
Question : what did you study ? Response “ beauty therapy “

“When did you last work ? “ response “24 years ago “

What have these questions to do with PIP and my disability ?
Question “ what is your plan for future ?” Response “ booked to go into a rehabilitation Orthopaedic clinic to learn to walk again but no guarantee after this 3rd major surgery to my left hip !”

What are these questions fishing for ?

Another question “ can you use a satnav ?” Response “ yes “

I did tell assessor I did have a Motability car but not know as I cannot drive at moment .

“ how far can you walk ?”

Response “ stand up on 2 crutches and walk 1-15 metres very slowly !”

So what would my outcome be re mobility purely on my answers backed by many medical reports supporting my mobility post my 3rd Orthopaedic surgery

These questions are designed for someone with acute fatigue ME in a relapse state with additional Orthopaedic ailments to catch you out !

It goes against ones humanitarian rights if you suffer with an ME relapse like myself , after explaining I have been dragged out of bed by my carer after a period of 10 weeks bedridden to attend this medical !

To be fired 40 questions one after another with my condition is in my eyes against humanitarian rights !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #223030 by Gordon
Michele

I am not sure whether your questions are rhetorical or not.

You should be able to request a copy of the assessment report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim next week,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.