× Members

Recording a PIP assessment?

More
5 years 4 months ago #223300 by Elaine
Replied by Elaine on topic Recording a PIP assessment?
Hi,

Did they permit you to turn the tape over midway? They seem very obstructive about my recording already, and I am concerned that they may refuse to allow me to do this if the assessment goes on for longer than an hour.

Elaine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #223304 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Recording a PIP assessment?
Elaine

It shouldn't be a problem but it will be less of one if you have someone with you and they manage the recording.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 4 months ago #223347 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Recording a PIP assessment?

james wrote: How in the blazes does an assessor think they get away with misreporting on a f2f when it's being recordin???????????????????????????????? Beggars belief.

Hi James,

Yes it is hard to believe. I think they just gamble (the dishonest ones) that the person being assessed will be too weak to argue their case and fight their corner which obviously works most of the time.

Makes my blood boil, it does.

Anyway, my complaint to IAS has gone to the second stage, I got a very apologetic letter the other day and I'm waiting for another reply.

I think the assessor will be aware of the complaint by now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: james

More
5 years 4 months ago #223362 by Sickandtired
Replied by Sickandtired on topic Recording a PIP assessment?
Hi Elaine,

Yes, they let me turn the tapes over half way through.
One thing I have just remembered is I didn't get a copy of the form I had to sign - and I would have liked one to be able to see what I actually signed to. I was so unwell I was unable to take in what I was reading, and it was taking so long that eventually the HP read it out to me - but still I couldn't take in what he was saying!
Of course, in true IAS style, he went on to say in the report that I had read and understood the form, and was able to hold a pen and sign my name (holding a pen is not an issue with my CFS, but they still use it against you to say you therefore have no problem dressing, washing, cooking etc.) so bear that in mind and ask for a copy of the form if you want one.
Good luck!

More
5 years 4 months ago #223414 by toulane55
Replied by toulane55 on topic Recording a PIP assessment?
I recently had my home assessment and the assessor turned the tapes over for me. I also signed the form I couldn’t read or understand but she said basically it means I can’t sell my recording the the newspaper.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.