× Members

Will I have to start my PIP application again?

More
5 years 5 months ago #223341 by UncleBuck
If I applied for PIP in July, failed the assessment, and I'm waiting for a Mandatory Reconsideration, but need to tell the dwp of a "change of circumstances", then will my current application be completely scrapped, and I will have the start the application all over again from scratch?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223343 by Gordon
littletiki

Forgive me but I am getting very confused by your posts :(

In this post, you say you have been refused but in one two days ago you implied that you were still waiting for a Decision?

If you do not have an award of PIP and you are not waiting on a Decision then you have no claim and you don't need to tell the DWP anything about any changes to your conditions.

However, if an award results from your MR and your limitations have improved, then you need to tell the DWP and this will almost certainly result in a reassessment of your award. if you are worse now than when assessed then the situation is more grey and you are not going to be penalised for not telling the DWP but you also won't be able to claim any backdating if at a subsequent assessment your award is increased.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: UncleBuck

More
5 years 5 months ago #223344 by UncleBuck
Replied by UncleBuck on topic Will I have to start my PIP application again?
Hi Gordon,
Apologies if I have confused you. Will all due respect, I will try my best to explain.

I applied for PIP, but failed the PIP assesment which I had in October, and then asked for the MR, which I am now waiting on.

My limitations have not improved. I was having groceries delivered at the time of the assessment as it was easier for me than going out to shop, which I mentioned to the assessor, but have had to stop them because of problems with the deliveries. The only alternative is to go shopping myself but I have problems with going out, and need prompting to do so.

So my question was do i need to tell the dwp that I no longer have groceries delivered, and need to go out to get them - for which I need prompting.

Is that what is called a change of circumstances?

More
5 years 5 months ago #223349 by Gordon
littletiki

You asked about this two days ago!

You have said that this is not the result of your limitations changing so you don't need to mention it to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: UncleBuck

More
5 years 5 months ago #223352 by UncleBuck
Replied by UncleBuck on topic Will I have to start my PIP application again?
Thanks Gordon!

My confusion was the precise definition of what a "change of circumstances" means - as I didn't want to get into any trouble for not mentioning all the above, as a "change.... "

I thought literally any change might be included with the above meaning.
thanks again!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.