× Members

Extention to fill in esa 50 questioner

More
5 years 5 months ago #223442 by Paulx
I've got a esa50 to fill in and return, I've been on esa fo a bit so I suppose this is trigged after a few years.

1) Can I ask for more time to return the form?

Also this time last year after a PIP reassesment from which I kept my PIP I got a letter from ESA saying they were happy or something.

2) Is it usual to get a esa50 reassesment a year after been awarded pip for 4 years?

3) Should I include the pip assesment as part of my esa 50 questioner paperwork?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223450 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Extention to fill in esa 50 questioner
abc

1. I'm afraid there is no extension available for completing the ESA50, it must be returned to the DWP by the required date or it will be considered as late.

2. The two are not linked, ESA reassessment dates are set by the previous ESA assessment.

3. You can but you need to explain why it is relevant to your ESA claim, although there are areas of overlap, even where there are the actual criteria can be quite different.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paulx

More
5 years 5 months ago #223452 by Paulx
Replied by Paulx on topic Extention to fill in esa 50 questioner

Gordon wrote: abc

1. I'm afraid there is no extension available for completing the ESA50, it must be returned to the DWP by the required date or it will be considered as late.

2. The two are not linked, ESA reassessment dates are set by the previ
ous ESA assessment.

3. You can but you need to explain why it is relevant to your ESA claim, although there are areas of overlap, even where there are the actual criteria can be quite different.

Gordon

1) PIA as has to be by 2 JAN :(

2) OK

3) "Explain why", I would have thought it be considared as medical evidence, if I'm ill enough for PIP for 5 years then I would have some bearing to ESA medicaly.

As to explaining why/where it relates that is beyond me.

So you don't think it's worth copyinging it and just including it with a note that its medical evidence - That's as good as I can get with it, not well.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223454 by Gordon
abc

Both PIP and ESA have very specific criteria but that criteria is different from one to the other, as an obvious example; PIP is a walking test and ESA is a mobilising one, so your PIP report will only cover part of the ESA requirement, a slightly less obvious link would be problems holding a knife in the PIP Preparing Food activity may be relevant to the ESA Dexterity activity.

However, those assessing you are not going to make these connections on their own, so that is why I say that you need to explain the relevance of the PIP report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #223474 by Paulx
Replied by Paulx on topic Extention to fill in esa 50 questioner
That's rediculous it's their job, I should not have to interprate medical evidence (the pip form) for them, I don't do it for other medical evidence such as the Psychiatrist reports.

I'll give it a go but doing someone else job on christmas day is just ... Bad enough I've got to talk about washing machines as if it they had anything to do with any thing.

I just wanted to get better, they don't want that.

On the form the sections are very small now can I just put refer to extra sheets in a section where I have stuff on a sheet?

More
5 years 5 months ago #223475 by Gordon
abc

It's your claim, all I can do is make you aware of the issues that we have seen on the forum.

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the PIP2, just make sure that each page has your full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.