× Members

Esa and state pension

More
5 years 5 months ago #223443 by Missjenniferd
Esa and state pension was created by Missjenniferd
Hi need some advice. My mum is due to go on state pension on 6 March 2019. She has just received an ESA50 to renew her ESA claim as she is in the support group. I called DWP and they said she still needs to complete the form. Do you think this is correct because it is only for a couple of months? I think it is a waste of time and resources. TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223451 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa and state pension
J

Yes, it's a waste of time and yes she needs to complete it and return it by the required date, if she doesn't then her claim will be closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Missjenniferd

More
5 years 5 months ago #223473 by David
Replied by David on topic Esa and state pension
She could ask for it to be recorded:whistle:

More
5 years 5 months ago #223517 by jacksmum1
Replied by jacksmum1 on topic Esa and state pension
Gordon, I am in exactly the same boat only my state pension age is February 2019, today I have received a form to fill in also for reassessment?? What is the point of doing this when I can no longer claim ESA after this date....I too am in the Support Group. My first claim/assessment was back in 2011 where they phoned two days later to say that I would never be able to work again? Nothing has changed other than a diagnosis of COPD last month and am on treatment currently. I didn't notify them of this diagnosis because as far as I am concerned my original claim ends next month anyway, Only last November they contacted me to say they had looked at my claim again and nothing's changed and I will still receive ESA?? What is going on.......very confused at the moment!

More
5 years 5 months ago #223534 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa and state pension
jacksmum

Realistically they are not going to be able to make a new Decision before you reach State Retirement Age and your ESA stops.

You have two options;

- contact the DWP and explain the situation in the hope that they will withdraw the assessment but you need this to be confirmed in writing, or
- return a partially complete form and let the process continue, most areas are waiting months if not considerably more, for an assessment.

I'm afraid we have seen several members receive letters about their ESA which they assumed were Decisions but turned out not to be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jacksmum1

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.