× Members

My Pip claim

More
5 years 5 months ago #223478 by clivelate
My Pip claim was created by clivelate
Hello, i applied for Pip and was turned down and scored zero points about 2 to3 months ago.

The HCP report was a joke, and i wrote to atos who in time wrote back and said they thought the report was great and found no problems, so i took that complaint to level 2, i then got a letter saying they had moved the level one complaint to level 2 and i would hear back, which at the time of writting i havent heard a thing from, but it has only been a few days, so im not really surprised at that.

During this time, i sent a MR and also contacted my local MP i told both parties of all the issues i had with the report and stated them all one by one.

Today out of the blue i now decover someone has contacted my GP and asked for Pip report from my doctor, this is one of the areas of my complaint, ive no idea if it was down to MP the DWP or the level 2 complaint to Atos.

Any ideas who would have requested this, and if it is common for this to happen, this should have been done before the assessment in my opinion, and not after i failed.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #223479 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My Pip claim
clivelate

Best guess is that it is ATOS, they may be preparing a new report as a result of your complaint.

It's unlikely to the be the DWP, firstly, they have made a Decision and they will not re-visit this by requesting new information, secondly, they do not have any in-house medical experience and would have to refer it back to ATOS for comment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223486 by clivelate
Replied by clivelate on topic My Pip claim
thanks, i hope my GPs report will be useful, but i might be in a tricky situation, if i get offered a reward, but its lower than i think i should get, im not that sure how much she knows of my issues, after all i can only tell her so much in a 10 minute meeting every month, but i will see what happens now

The fact my GP has been contacted is i guess good, i hope it means Atos have agreed with me the report was very poor standard, and she failed in her job, if i get a reward which is the best i can get, i will take the complaint against her all the way, she has already made my mental health alot worst, do you think Atos have found her report to be poor Gordon?

thanks Gordon happy 2019
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 5 months ago #223489 by clivelate
hi Gordon, just a quick question

do you think Atos have found her report to be of a poor standard and that explains why they have contacted my GP or are they just doing this to make it look good for the complaint follow up thanks

More
5 years 5 months ago #223491 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My Pip claim

clivelate wrote: hi Gordon, just a quick question

do you think Atos have found her report to be of a poor standard and that explains why they have contacted my GP or are they just doing this to make it look good for the complaint follow up thanks

I think it more likely that they are trying to either validate or invalidate their report and if the latter then a new or updated report will be sent to the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: clivelate

More
5 years 5 months ago #223508 by clivelate
Hi, just seen the report, it was Atos who asked for the report, i have read the report that my GP has written and im happy with it.

All the points i talked about in my pip claim she has backed me up on, which i was surprised at if im honest, as some points i dont even recall telling her about.

Only thing she has written is i said i can control money etc, which i feel i can, however said says i cant, i know why she said this, but i classed that evidence she is talking about covered more of understanding words and symbols, but i do see why she said it was down to money, so all i can do now is wait and see what happens.

Its a real shame they didnt contact my GP in the first place, i also posted 3 years of my medical records today as well to the DWP, so im ready to go to court if i dont get the entitlement of Pip i feel i should get.

Its a waiting game now, i guess.

thanks Gordon
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.