× Members

Still no brown envelope DLA to PIP

More
5 years 5 months ago #223481 by guildster
Still no brown envelope DLA to PIP was created by guildster
A friend in my self help group was telling me of his concern about not being called for migration to PIP, he and I have both read in various places all in receipt of DLA would be invited to claim PIP before 2018, does anyone know if there are delays? Should he call the DWP? Or just wait it out?

kind regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223484 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Still no brown envelope DLA to PIP
guildster

The DWP's current best guess is the middle of this year but that seems unlikely based on progress to date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: guildster

More
5 years 5 months ago #223506 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Still no brown envelope DLA to PIP
Happy New Year Gordon et al.

I'm also waiting for the dreaded brown envelope which starts the migration from DLA to PIP.

Do you know whether the initial letters informing claimants of the migration and asking them to claim are sent at the beginning of each month? Or are they sent throughout each month ?

The reason i ask is that if they're sent in the first week of each month those of us not contacted but still waiting can breath a little easier for the rest of the month.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223522 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Still no brown envelope DLA to PIP
Ben

I'm sorry but I am reasonably certain that it is done weekly.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

More
5 years 5 months ago #223587 by guildster
Replied by guildster on topic Still no brown envelope DLA to PIP
Thanks for the reply Gordon, been to the self help group today, done a straw pole of those who are on DLA found out in the two groups that meet, out of 15 who had been on DLA an average of a third of members are still waiting to be called for PIP I know the Incapacity to ESA over ran it target so not surprised really.

Kind regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.