× Members

PIP nightmare

More
5 years 5 months ago #223505 by bassettsfarm
PIP nightmare was created by bassettsfarm
Hello Gordon, Wishing you and everyone a very Happy New Year.

I was receiving PIP standard rate for care and enhanced mobility. I am now far worse than I was at the last assessment, and I need to use a wheelchair now. My latest assessment went very badly, and her constant assurances that any decision would not be her fault made me think the worst.

I received my latest decision letter today, and am now receiving standard rate for both care and mobility. I haven’t actually seen her report, but according to the case manager’s comments, I could recall all of my medication and what it was for (when I offered her the prescription, with uses for each drug written by the side of every one, she said no thank you, would you mind reading them out to me!). There are lots of other discrepancies within the report.

As I mentioned, I received it today, the date on the letter being December 21st, obviously cutting down my time to appeal.

I rang today to ask for a copy of the health report, and was told it would take ‘quite a long time’ to get one out to me. I’m obviously going to appeal. I was just wondering are there many changes of opinion at the mandatory consideration stage? If it will probably end up at a tribunal, I really do need to get myself mentally prepared, I’m just feeling crushed.

Many thanks, Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223521 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP nightmare
Amanda

Revision rates at MR are low but they certainly happen, have a look at the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/component/sear...se=all&Itemid=100548

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bassettsfarm

More
5 years 5 months ago #223529 by bassettsfarm
Replied by bassettsfarm on topic PIP nightmare
Thank you so, so much Gordon. Will keep you posted.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.