× Members

PIP appeal

More
5 years 5 months ago #223514 by HAZEL
PIP appeal was created by HAZEL
Hi, I wrote a few weeks ago for help with my appeal letter. I have received the benefit and works letter stating what happened at my face to face meeting. If I need to add anything it says I have to phone. Am I able to write it down what I need to say and send it direct to the appeals office? There are many discrepancies in the report, I.e. I was able to spell world backwards . I was not asked to do this. I said I had a bank account, so I am able to understand money and paying bills. I did say I had a bank account but it is joint and my husband deals with the finances etc. The only question I was asked about money was to give change from a set amount. This I got wrong. Do I write these down in my letter? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223530 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal
Hazel

If you feel that there are issues in the report that you think that are stopping you from scoring points then you should certainly think about challenging in your letter but make sure that you understand the requirement and can explain why you meet it, as an example; you need to explain detail why your husband has to deal with your household finances, it is not enough to just say that your husband deals with it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.