× Members

Dentist charges and ESA

More
5 years 5 months ago #223558 by LJP83
Dentist charges and ESA was created by LJP83
Hi

A friend of mine who has a mild learning disability has received a penalty charge notice for ticking to incorrect box when he last went to the dentist. He is currently going to tribunal for his ESA and is also going to tribunal for his PIP (very stressful for him!). Is it correct that he should be fined in this situation?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223574 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dentist charges and ESA
LJP

Are they entitled to free dental care at the moment?

If they are then all they need to do is provide the correct information and the penalty should be cancelled.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #223591 by terdun9
Replied by terdun9 on topic Dentist charges and ESA
Hi my son has just gone onto UC and also had a dentist appointment around 5 weeks after this happened, and about 4 weeks after the appointment we got a letter saying they he now has to pay a fine of £100 and £32.00 cost because he ticked the wrong box when he was at the Dentists.
I phone the number on the letter explained to them just what was going on and they right away took cost and fine away saying this is happened quite a lot sorry to make you worry, and that was that sorted out straight away no extra worrying waiting for the result it was instant Hope this helps if in drought always ask the dentist what dox you need to tick .

To Much Pain Will Kill Y ou In The End

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.