× Members

ESA Underpayments Advice?

More
5 years 5 months ago #223564 by Bunty123
ESA Underpayments Advice? was created by Bunty123
Hi Everyone,
I wonder whether someone could help me please? I've received a letter & 45 page form from the DWP about my contribution-based ESA being eligible to be checked to see whether I should have received Income-based ESA from my transfer from Incapacity Benefit in February, 2014. They say they sent it on 27th November, but I only received it on 15th December, & have been much too ill to deal with it until now. The deadline is 17th January & I've just begun wadding my way through the form. It's incredibly detailed, with masses of questions that require me to remember details from the past 4 years! Some of the questions I just don't understand. I understand they need this information, but they really do seem to be making ill people jump through hoops & make it as difficult as possible to apply for what was probably owed to us in the first place. There is a helpline, but I just don't trust them to help me fill this form in to my best advantage. Is there a Benefits & Works guide to help members fill in this gargantuan form? I don't know who else to ask.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223579 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Underpayments Advice?
Bunty

The is about the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=125222

I'm afraid we do not have a guide for this as it is a one-off but if you have any specific questions then I will try to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #223583 by Bunty123
Replied by Bunty123 on topic ESA Underpayments Advice?
Thank you Gordon. I'm wadding my way through it and making notes of the questions I don't understand. I'll post them here when I've sorted through them. I have to keep stopping filling in the form as the arthritis in my hands means I can't hold a pen for long. Also, brain fatigue knocking me for six today!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.