× Members

phone call from PIp re mobility before tribunal

More
5 years 5 months ago #223625 by sotired
Hi
I have had my PIP assessment , submitted a MR and lost points on the MR. appealed to Tribunal and complained to NMC ,ATOS , and DWP. I have also requested all info from DWP by right of access request which still hasn’t arrived. (54days) .
I have now received a phone call from a PIP appeal officer to offer me 10 points for mobility on descriptor. Moving around 2d .
I received zero points for this at assessment and on MR .
How can they change this so significantly and yet not change any of the other descriptors that I appealed.
If I accept the appeal will be stopped.
I don’t want to lose points on principle but if I accept this offer then I am accepting the fact that they are ignoring my mental health issues as I received zero points for planning and following journeys.
Interestingly I received 4 points at assessment for descriptor 1b but these were removed at MR.
ITS JUST A SHA,MBLES
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #223677 by Gordon
sotired

I'm afraid this is a decision that only you can make.

You do have the option of accepting the revised Decision and then appealing again, however, you cannot tell the DWP that you will be doing this as they will not update the Decision if you do.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #223751 by sotired
Hi Gordon ,
Unfortunately I took the phone call before I received your reply. I didn’t realise I could have accepted and then appealed. So I refused and am going to Tribunal.
I refused the award because they disregarded my mental health.
I asked her about the 4 points they awarded me for 1b that were removed at my MR.
She said there had been new legislation in June 2018 regarding psychological distress therefore I got an award at my assessment in May but my MR was in October so they used the new legislation and removed it ! The only legislation I can find went in favour of psychological distress.
I’m so confused
Thank you

More
5 years 5 months ago #223778 by Gordon
sotired

The change was actually made at the beginning of the year but the DWP did not apply it until the summer but it did not affect Descriptor (b) which you previously met.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #223796 by sotired
Thanks again Gordon , which part did it affect. Because I claimed (1f) because I don’t go anywhere alone. The 4 points was awarded at assessment, I have appealed it. Along with many other things the assessor blatantly lied about,
Thanks

More
5 years 5 months ago #223821 by Gordon

sotired wrote: Thanks again Gordon , which part did it affect. Because I claimed (1f) because I don’t go anywhere alone. The 4 points was awarded at assessment, I have appealed it. Along with many other things the assessor blatantly lied about,
Thanks

It affected Descriptors (c), (d) and (f) but if you are unable to go out alone then they will not consider your ability to follow a route as the two activities are considered to be mutually exclusive of each other.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: sotired

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.