× Members

PIP Face to Face Assessment

More
5 years 2 months ago #223954 by CAP
Replied by CAP on topic PIP Face to Face Assessment
Hi Gordon,
I got a text this morning from the DWP saying that they've received the written report of my PIP assessment & they will write to me once they've made their decision & as a guide I should hear from them within 6 weeks.
Can I now ring up & ask for a copy of the assessment report or do I have to wait until I receive the decision letter?
Thanks
CAP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #223962 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Face to Face Assessment
CAP

Unless you are in NI then you can ring them now.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #223970 by CAP
Gordon,
No i'm not in Northern Ireland.I'll give them a ring tomorrow morning then as i guess it's 8am - 8pm?
Thanks
CAP

More
5 years 2 months ago #223990 by CAP
Hi Gordon,
I've just rang up the DWP to request the written report from my face to face assessment and they said they'll get it out to me ,but could take up to 10 days,which i'm not concerned about. I was told that if i'm successful then the money will go into my account before I even receive the decision letter,which is okay,but the only thing that I was told which confused me a little is I was told that the payments will start from when the decision maker has made their decision.I thought it would be back dated to when they received my PIP claim form.
Which one of us is correct,the DWP or myself?
Thanks
CAP

More
5 years 2 months ago #224008 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Face to Face Assessment
CAP

If this was a new claim for pIP then it will be backdated to the day you made the claim, if it is transfer from DLA to PIP then there is no backdating, both subject to you meeting the requirement that you have suffered from your current limitations for at least three months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #224053 by CAP
Hi Gordon,
It's a new claim for PIP. I thought I'd read somewhere, probably on here,about it being backdated to the day that the DWP receive the form.
Not sure if you'll know the answer to this one. I've also got applied for IIDB,being as it was an accident at work which has resulted in me now suffering with CRPS and I have had the face to face on 12/12/18. I know they are 2 totally seperate benefits ,but isn't it all dealt with by the DWP and both are in relation to disabilities and how they effect your day to day ilfe. So if i get one wouldn't it mean that i should be sucessful in getting the other? The only thing that I am aware of is that if I do get IIDB it will have an affect on my income related ESA.
Thanks
CAP

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.