× Members

ESA Review due - what happens now?

More
5 years 3 months ago #223740 by MSCarer
ESA Review due - what happens now? was created by MSCarer
My partner was placed in the ESA Support Group for 3 years and this period is due to end at the beginning of February 2019 but we have not heard anything from the DWP as to whether there will be another assessment or whether the period will just be extended. I am concerned that the DWP may have sent some information out in the post that we have not received.

What usually happens? Should the DWP be contacting us so many days before the original period ends? Should I contact the DWP just in case? Are people having their period automatically extended without having to complete any further paperwork?

Thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #223762 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Review due - what happens now?
MSCarer

The only way to know what is going on is for your partner to contact the DWP office dealing with their claim.

ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment, whilst a new form is usually issued on the specified date it does not have to be, the award will remain in payment until a new Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MSCarer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.