× Members

Getting worse (ESA)

More
5 years 3 months ago #223746 by kez
Getting worse (ESA) was created by kez
Hi
i won a tribunal within 5 minutes of beng in the room in September 2017 for raging raging thyrotoxicosis (Thyroid) for 2yrs and was placed in the support group, a member of the DWP was there and recieved some strong words from the Judge for the DWP allowing it to get to tribunal.
Since then my health is getting no better and continues to deteriote. i have since been diagnosed with Oestiopinia Raynauds and what my Dr has said is Arthritus in my hips, knees. On a daily basis i struggle with standing,sitting as i get alot of pain in my lower back, hips and knees, i cant get down or up from the floor, in or out of the bath without help. i am also in alot of painin my shoulders with everday tasks. I am also constantly cold allover even with the heating on.

Will the DWP extend my ESA beyond this September and if so what would i need to do.
I have not told the DWP about my condition getting worse in fear of my payment stopping causing further stress and money worries.
Last time i phoned them about a hernia repair, and did as the DWP said to by sending them the reciept for the taxi as the op was on a Sunday. (I did post about this on the forum)

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #223768 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Getting worse (ESA)
Kez

ESA is an indefinite award so you do not need to do anything at the end of the two years, your current award will remain in payment until a new Decision is made on your claim.

Whilst you need to report any improvement in your conditions, the DWP is not going to be bothered if you do not report a deterioration, especially as you are already receiving the highest award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #223776 by kez
Replied by kez on topic Getting worse (ESA)
Thanks Gordon,
Does this mean after the 2 years they will send me for another assessment or prior

More
5 years 3 months ago #223789 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Getting worse (ESA)

kez wrote: Thanks Gordon,
Does this mean after the 2 years they will send me for another assessment or prior

It's impossible to say, the two years was a recommendation by the Tribunal panel and is not binding on the DWP,so you could be reassessed after two years or it could be longer, the only way to know for certain is for you to contact the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: kez

More
5 years 3 months ago #223800 by kez
Replied by kez on topic Getting worse (ESA)

Gordon wrote:

kez wrote: Thanks Gordon,

It's impossible to say, the two years was a recommendation by the Tribunal panel and is not binding on the DWP,so you could be reassessed after two years or it could be longer, the only way to know for certain is for you to contact the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

I dont want/think its a good idea to rattle any cages with the DWP :unsure:.
At least i have untill September at least i will cross that bridge when the time comes and start preparing further evidence i have a bit closer

When I had the tribunal the judge randomly picked up 2 letters from consultants and said each one alone was worth 15 points without going into the rest, and all the DWP representative said I dont why got to tribunal.
I find difficult that the DWP do this and put so many people under a lot of stress, they themselves contribute if not total points needed alone!

Why they dont contract the NHS to do the assessments in the first place beats me.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.