× Members

Just received PIP Award Review form (a year early)

More
5 years 3 months ago #223797 by mosala
On my initial assessment I said that I go out 2/3 times a week as I am not well enough to manage any more. I have OCD and fibromyalgia. However, my trigger is much more common these days and so I have been going out less as I cannot cope with all the rituals and anxiety involved.

If I put that I go out less, say 1/2 times a week, will that go against me or in my favour? Will they say that if I am going out less I don't need so much money? When in fact going out twice costs more than 3 times, these days, because I come across my triggers more and need to throw my clothes away when I feel contaminated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #223811 by Gordon
mosala

It should be of assistance as it indicates that your limitations have increased but you do need to explain why there has been a change and how it manifests itself now.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #223825 by mosala
OK thanks. The OCD triggers are connected with building work and in my area that and demolition are so rife I just get caught every time I go out. It costs me a fortune,throwing away contaminated clothes when I go near such places! So I have just given up on going out and just do so when essential.

I'm just worried they might think I am not trying. I get the highest rate now, so I guess I don't need to say that things are worse. I could just say everything is the same?

More
5 years 3 months ago #223910 by mosala
Actually, I only go out about once a fortnight now. If I tell them that, will they say I don't go out enough to warrant mobility element?

More
5 years 3 months ago #223912 by Gordon

mosala wrote: Actually, I only go out about once a fortnight now. If I tell them that, will they say I don't go out enough to warrant mobility element?

PIP doesn't work like that but if you cannot undertake a journey then you are limiting yourself to meeting Descriptor (e) of the Going Out activity and you will need to score for Moving Around as well in order to receive an Enhanced award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mosala

More
5 years 3 months ago #223922 by Ellen
I got e for my OCD

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.