× Members

Exemption from reassessment

More
5 years 3 months ago #223836 by Malechi
Exemption from reassessment was created by Malechi
I have just received the paperwork for my third medical assessment under ESA. I have Aids, Hepatitis bowel problems and mental health problems. On page 90 of you fantastic guide you give some examples of illnesses that should mean that a person is exempt from reassessment, but the list is ' not exhaustive ' . Are the conditions I have told you that I have on this list? Where can I see this list? How do I go about asking for a health professional to consider me in this way? You say there is no right to appeal, but can I ask for a mandatory reconsideration?
I just cannot face going thru this again. My conditions are getting worse ( of course they are, there is no cure ) Please help me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #223850 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Exemption from reassessment
Malechi

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

There isn't really a list of conditions, just some that meet the selection criteria, see the following

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/sites/default...nditionsguidance.pdf

The decision to exempt a claimant from further assessment is an operational one, not a legal one, so there is no right to challenge it, even via an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #223997 by Malechi
Replied by Malechi on topic Exemption from reassessment
Thankyou Gordon,

The link information is great, but I still do not understand how and when such a decision is made and by who. Not surely those goons at Maximus???

Malechi

More
5 years 3 months ago #224014 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Exemption from reassessment
Malechi

The decision will be looked at each time you are reassessed with a recommendation, based on the above criteria, by the Maximus assessor.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Malechi

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.