× Members

ESA? Form Received though not sure what it is..

More
5 years 3 months ago #223841 by matthewafollows
ESA? Form Received though not sure what it is.. was created by matthewafollows
Hi All

I've received a form in the post today called 'Extra amount for Severe Disability Premium'. From my knowledge, I've been receiving this for a while so unsure why I've been sent it? Has anyone else been sent this form and know what it's referring to?

I receive PIP Daily Enhanced and Mobility Standard; although I had an review assessment in Dec so awaiting the outcome of that.

I'm also on ESA Support Group but I think it's meant to expire in the next few weeks and I haven't heard from the DWP regarding it... on the top of the forms I've received theres a stamp that says ESA Stockton Benefit Centre on it?

So is this just a casual form to fill out or something else?

Many thanks!

Matthew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #223860 by Gordon
M

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

If you have just been moved to PIP from DLA then I am guessing the DWP have mucked up the process and rather than transferring all of your existing entitlements across seamlessly, they need you to re-apply for the Severe Disability Premium.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: matthewafollows

More
5 years 3 months ago #223865 by matthewafollows
Replied by matthewafollows on topic ESA? Form Received though not sure what it is..
Hi Gordon

Thank you for your reply (and info re my full name showing, I shall change that shortly). and the welcome. I've used B&W for about two years but indeed, my first time posting here!

That's the strange thing... I've been on PIP for about three years now (currently awaiting the results for a review I had in Dec. and I have never been on DLA.

I can only imagine it's a form to make sure my circumstances haven't changed and I'm still entitled to it? It just came with no context and I found that strange, but it is the DWP. The questions there asking are 'who do I live with' etc.

I'm fairly certain I've been receiving SDP since I was put on ESA 2/3 years ago.

Many thanks,

Matthew

More
5 years 3 months ago #223876 by Gordon
M

If you are then it will be listed on your annual ESA Entitlement Letter as "money because you are severely disabled" or something similar.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.