× Members

PIP AND PREMIUMS

More
5 years 3 months ago #223856 by Ditzee
PIP AND PREMIUMS was created by Ditzee
My husband receives ESA CB - £110.75 pw. Recently awarded PIP enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility due to a terminal cancer diagnosis. I was on ESA IR but was living apart from my husband who is now living with me. DWP wrote to me to say my ESA is now CB - due to taking into consideration my husband's income and no longer IR - we are BOTH in the SG of ESA. My question is - is he entitled to any extra premiums which should be added to his ESA CB? If so, would this mean some of the CB would be considered Income related and therefore help with housing benefit and council tax reduction? He also receives IIDB of £69 per week.
Should LHA provide me with a 25% reduction in council tax as my spouse receives the daily living component?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #223870 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP AND PREMIUMS
Ditzee

Income Related ESA is paid to the couple, not the individual, so if you are not entitled to ESA(IR) then he won't be either.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #223872 by Ditzee
Replied by Ditzee on topic PIP AND PREMIUMS
Is EDP only paid if you receive ESA IR? Thought it was applicable if you got higher rate of PIP?

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #223878 by Gordon

Ditzee wrote: Is EDP only paid if you receive ESA IR? Thought it was applicable if you got higher rate of PIP?

None of the ESA Premiums are payable unless the claimant/couple is entitled to ESA(IR).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ditzee

More
5 years 3 months ago #223885 by Ditzee
Replied by Ditzee on topic PIP AND PREMIUMS
Do you think the change in my circumstances will mean an amendment only to my existing claim for Housing Benefit or do you think it will trigger a new claim for Universal Credit?

More
5 years 3 months ago #223897 by Gordon

Ditzee wrote: Do you think the change in my circumstances will mean an amendment only to my existing claim for Housing Benefit or do you think it will trigger a new claim for Universal Credit?

You are not making a new claim for HB so there is no reason why you should be asked to claim UC.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.