× Members

DLA to PIP - High Fracture Risk Ignored

More
5 years 3 months ago #223960 by LinW13
Hiya Everybody,
Moving Around - they give me 4 points - so I lose my blue badge.
Mandatory Reconcideration failed - Tribunal next.

I've had osteoporosis since aged 10. I am now 68. Had numerous fractures and orthopaedic operations. To prevent fractures I work hard to make sure I don't fall, trip, slip on wet floors or stumble. I go slow over uneven or wet surfaces, don't do anything to jar myself, etc. There are lots of places I won't walk - for instance grass is dicey. I go really slow on wet shop floors. The risk of harm occurring is greater for me than for a non-disabled person.
So...
How do I get the DWP to take that into account ?
Anybody out there managed to do it ?

Good luck everybody.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #223968 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP - High Fracture Risk Ignored
Lin

PIP is about the distance you can reliably walk on the majority of days.

You should certainly highlight the issues with the different surfaces that you mention but the test is about your ability to walk outdoors on a relatively flat surface so this is what you have to address in your appeal.

Reliably

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.