× Members

Pip assessment Walking distance

More
5 years 3 months ago #223983 by Richard44
Pip assessment Walking distance was created by Richard44
Hello please could you tell me the maximum distance one is supposed to be able to walk in order to be eligible for the higher rate mobility .as I am confused by the print out of the sample medical assessment. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224003 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip assessment Walking distance

Richard44 wrote: Hello please could you tell me the maximum distance one is supposed to be able to walk in order to be eligible for the higher rate mobility .as I am confused by the print out of the sample medical assessment. Thanks

If you only expect to only score for the Moving Around activity then you must be unable to reliably stand and move (walk) more than 20m on the majority of days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224066 by Richard44
Replied by Richard44 on topic Pip assessment Walking distance
Thank you Gordon

More
5 years 3 months ago #224091 by rajrice@hotmail.com
Replied by rajrice@hotmail.com on topic Pip assessment Walking distance
Bizarrely, I learned, through personal experience.

You can also be awarded points if you are unable to stand still, for even a short period of time due to muscle wastage brittle bones etc. I told the lady, I can walk unaided 200m but most certainy not repeatedly or reliably the majority of the time.
I got the extra points for being able to walk over 50 but less than 200. But this had been denied previously for my; mobility affecting physical health conditions of breathlessness and fatigue from COPD: Pain & stiffness both hands, knees and feet, due to Inflammatory Osteroarthritis. I also have a heart condition that causes me Breathlessness, dizzyness and a bright light in front of my eyes last time.

That occurs, if I bend forward, to try to pick things up. Due to a heart condition called a Dilated Aortic Root (that will eventually, grow into an Aortic Aneurysm!)

I also have Osteopenia that's brittle bones due to a past vit d deficiency.
I am more at risk, of a bone breakage if I fall. I have mentioned a tendancy to falls, in my previous claims, despite the cause being unknown.

I was awarded low rate Mobility Award by virtue of an additional 4 points.
I intend this as a Heads Up, given in the hope it may help others.

I never knew difficulty in standing upright, for any short period, was actually part of the PIP Mobility Assesment?!

Now, I am await a second Neurologist appt. I have learned I am first of, the third (known) generation, on one side of our family, to be affected Familial Essential Tremor.

That is a heridatory, neurological disorder. It causes Shaky hands and a tendancy towards stumbles and falls.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.