× Members

cash lup sum from pesion pot

More
5 years 3 months ago #223999 by bhindi555
cash lup sum from pesion pot was created by bhindi555
Hello, desperate for advice or where to look for info please. I get ESA contribution based only and am in the support group . I am planning on taking a lump sum as a one off payment from my pension pot. Will it be treated as a weekly payment and therefor reduce my ESA, (EXCESS OVER £85) or will it be disregarded ? thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224016 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic cash lup sum from pesion pot
M

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

A one-off payment should not be treated as income for ESA(CB) and will not affect it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bhindi555

More
5 years 3 months ago #224080 by bhindi555
Replied by bhindi555 on topic cash lup sum from pesion pot
Thank you so much. I received this and didn't tell the DWP as I didn't think it affected it but now I am being called in for a compliance interview and i can't think of any other reason for why they would want to see me., cheers

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.