× Members

Re: Request for Face to Face Assessment next week

More
5 years 3 months ago #224088 by MistyBlue
Hi all, and Happy New Year,

I finally sent through my mammoth forms and info to PIP, then telephoned them last Friday as I had further medical info, as I may have had another stroke. I explained I was having an MRI and seeing the consultant this week just gone .... by Friday I received a letter dater 4th January asking me to attend an assessment this coming week on a Saturday, which didnt give me time to arrange someone to attend the appointment with me.
I was surprised I was asked to go for one, I have Systemic Lupus, Stoke and Anti Phospholipid and Fybromyalgia to name just a few.
Did my call trigger the appointment, as I asked should I send it in, but I was informed to leave it and wait until I had heard from them post sending the PIP2 in.

Can anyone else help with their outcome with similar illnesses, I feel there may be some cross overs of info as my memory is appalling since 2nd stroke.
I saw the consultant this week to informed me I had had 4 strokes in total over the past few years. He also wrote a letter to my GP recommending various needs including living/accomodation which really surprised me. I havent had a copy of it as yet. Please excuse my spelling as Ive lost a lot of my higher skills since the strokes.
Any advice for the appointment and key works or help would be most appreiated.
Thank you, MIsty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224121 by Gordon
MistyBlue

The PIP Claim guide has sections that cover the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

I know that it is easy to focus on your conditions but it is important to realise that it is the limitations that result from them in regard to the PIP activities that will be assessed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.