× Members

PIP Assessment

More
5 years 3 months ago #224095 by MistyBlue
PIP Assessment was created by MistyBlue
Hi to you all

Ive just had a letter asking me to attend a face to face assessment, I am surprised as due to their own policies, they mention certain illnesses and stroke that they would not ask people to attend one.

I recently had another TIA, and had a CT some months ago, it was found that Ive had 4 (not the two I knew about) strokes (small but affect me greatly) and Systemic Lupus, Fybromyalgia and Antiphospholipid Syndrome Hypertension etc .......

Is there any recourse regarding having to attend these examinations? My speech is up and down and recalling words is the same.

Many thanks

Misty Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224125 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment
MistyBlue

You are not going to avoid an assessment without the support of your GP, they need to be willing to provide any additional information that the Assessment Provider might need in order for them to carry out a Paper Based Review.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224151 by MistyBlue
Replied by MistyBlue on topic PIP Assessment
Gordon

I had been very unwell for a couple of months, I was taken to the acute emergency unit as another TIA or Stroke was suspected. After an MRI last week it apears Ive had a total of 4 strokes between 2013 and now, it wasnt clear when the last 2 were, but I can pinpoint times when they could have been in recent months.
My GP spoke with me today, she recommended I wait for her request from ATOS/DWP to
complete the form they'll send her, they have to charge £35 ... she is extremely understanding and has known me for some years fully understanding all the issues I have. I think the consultant I saw last week was focued on my care needs and how I manage as I live alone, I and my GP are waiting for his end of discharge letter. She would be willing to help in any way she can, she's very concerned that as Ive been so unwell for a prolonged time, I also have lupus and APS, I may end up having another stroke or TIA event. Am I better just to let things follow the ongoing path and see how things work out? I think the levels of stress have had a massive effect on me over the recent months, and some personal issues.
Also, is it usual for PIP to write to GP's as a matter of course? Mine seemed to be quite used to receiving them.
I'm really unsure the best route to take, this stroke has left me exhausted and very foggy thinking, which Im concerned about as I've changed my appointment until later this month.
Any help would be most welcome, its bad enough having physical ailments, but to have ones that affect clarity of thought and being able to read/write to be able to show how I feel abour everything is a nightmare.
Many thanks

More
5 years 3 months ago #224169 by Gordon
MistyBlue

If you have been invited to a face to face assessment then the Assessment Provider is not going to contact your GP before the interview, so you need them to step up and provide the information of their own volition.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224184 by MistyBlue
Replied by MistyBlue on topic PIP Assessment
Gordon

I have sent in the B&W GP notes form which has been signed and stamped by my GP, I will also have a letter sent to my GP from my stroke consultant setting out care needs etc which I will also take with me to face to face, would this be sufficient, or should I ask for a further letter from gp? All of these recent health problems began some weeks ago, stress levels rose, when my forms arrived and the frustration of trying to recall all the important factual. Ive sent in OT reports from falls clinic and as much other relevant info as I could recall, which Im finding increasingly difficult to do. My memory struggles, and trying to recall what I can and cannot do doesnt always register until when Im trying to do it. Im concerend about the length of time of the appt, Im in the very early stages of recovery and wiped out, how I'll manage an hour or 2 goodness only knows.
Really sorry for the lengthy questions ..... I'm finding myself becoming more and more stressed. Im moving from Higher for both indefinite to change to `PIP. I just couldnt face trying to cope with this for months at a time, Im on my own and havinh lost the premiums for ESA, Ill be in a complete mess if this is refused, so Im trying desperately to get it right first time rather than it being my memory and inability to understand a question etc.
Many thanks once again. Misty

More
5 years 3 months ago #224189 by Gordon
MistyBlue

Being invited to an assessment means that the assessor does not have sufficient information to make a reasonable recommendation to the DWP in regard to an award, there is no way to get past this without someone providing that missing info, your GP is the obvious choice.

Be aware that your new limitations cannot be taken into account until you have suffered from them for three months, you will have to wait and see how this affects the review.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.