× Members

PIP Review

More
5 years 2 months ago #224101 by Harishah
PIP Review was created by Harishah
I had my PIP review form in December 2018 with a deadline of 29 December 2018.

I sent the form back on the 18 December by registered post and the form was received on the 19 December as verified by the Royal Mail tracking.

As yet I have not heard anything from DWP which is causing some anxiety. However with the Christmas period and the other reviews that DWP are in the process of carrying out is this length of time normal?

Should I wait for a few more weeks or contact DWP now and ask them about the progress of my review?

I do not want contact DWP necessarily out of the fear of pressuring them and not getting the right decision.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #224130 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review
Hari

The DWP do not acknowledge receipt of your form unless they have your mobile number when you might receive a text about it.

Although they do review your form, in the overwhelming majority of cases, it forwarded to the Assessment Provider for your postcode to decide whether a face to face assessment is required or not. You can contact them for an update, doing so will have no impact on your assessment

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #224161 by Harishah
Replied by Harishah on topic PIP Review
Thanks Gordon.

I did provide my mobile number on the form. Maybe an oversight on their part.

I will give a until the end of this week and if I do not hear anything I will give ATOS a ring as they do the assessments for my postcode.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 2 months ago #224867 by Harishah
Replied by Harishah on topic PIP Review
I phoned DWP to enquire if they had received my review form. I was advised that the form was received on the 19/12/2018.

I was also advised that the my form was with the case manager for a decision. No mention that it as been sent to the assessment provider for their advice and if a face to face assessment is required.

Not sure what to make of this. Any advice would be appreciated.

More
5 years 2 months ago #224889 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review
Hari

It is possible that your claim has been assessed by the Assessment Provider for your area, if this is the case then I would expect you to receive a letter saying that the DWP now have all of the information that they need to make a Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #224924 by Robbie
Replied by Robbie on topic PIP Review
If someone wants to find out if the form has been sent to the assessment provider and returned to the DWP a quick phonecall to the AP will provide the answer. I returned my AR1 at the end of November and I phone IAS about once a fortnight to see if they have had a referral and each time they check there is nothing on their computer system which means my PIP review form is still with the DWP and hasn't as yet been referred to IAS for them to look at my form.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.