× Members

PIP Review

More
5 years 1 month ago #226037 by Harishah
Replied by Harishah on topic PIP Review
Hello Gordon,

This is an update to the latest with my PIP review.

Since writing to you a couple of weeks ago I still have not received anything back from DWP.

I therefore decided to phone ATOS and ask them for an update so that I could contact DWP to request a copy of the assessment if one had been prepared. To my surprise they have not got anything logged under their systems in relation to my review so obviously they have not prepared an assessment.

It is now nearly two months since I sent my forms in together with all the necessary medical evidence, supporting letter from my GP and family members.

I would have thought upon receiving my review form it would have been forwarded to the Assessment provider for their HP to generate a report or request a face to face assessment.

As it is nearly two months is it possible that the DWP case manager is likely to make a decision on my review without input from the assessment provider taking into account the comprehensive supporting evidence that I have submitted with my review form and the evidence and assessment report that they already have from my initial application?

In the initial assessment report under the heading ‘It is likely that the functional restriction identified in this report will be present at the recommended point of review’ the HP had ticked ‘Yes’ so would this make a difference to how my review is carried out?

I am really getting to worry at the time being taken and the fact that the assessment provider has still not sent my review form.

Obviously I cannot push the DWP to hurry up with this so should I just wait and sit it out because my initial award does not end until December 2019?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226066 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review
HAri

The first thing you need to do is to contact the DWP, it usually takes no more than a couple of days for the DWP to decide whether to forward on the claimant's file to the Assessment Provider.

Once you understand what is going on you can then decide what action to take.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226074 by louisagolding
Replied by louisagolding on topic PIP Review
Hello,
My pip review forms were received by DWP on 5th November 2018. I phone DWP 4 weeks ago and they were still with case manager. Today I received a call from Capita to ask if I would prefer a home visit, so they are taking a long time to pass the forms over to assessors. Give DWP a call!
Kind regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.