× Members

FORM 113 sent to GP

More
5 years 3 months ago #224103 by chafur47
FORM 113 sent to GP was created by chafur47
I am very late returning my ESA50, over two weeks, symptoms worsened, no help except for my reluctant carer. It will be sent either tomorrow or Tuesday.

1. Should I phone the DWP tomorrow to say when it will be sent?

2. My GP wrote a letter, not a very good one, just said multisymptoms etc. but no
mention of vision issues and more. Should I sent it or ask GP to correct? The practice
manager writes them, generic, already altered once, ignores my email to alter and put in
the date it was emailed, not the date of the draft which is 31 Dec as this could cause me
issues and I didn't receive the 1st draft till the 7th.

3. Should ask the GPs there not to fill in the form 113 because none of them know me, my symptoms, not even all my diagnoses. I had two home visits last year, unable to go the surgery, mostly telcons with GPs I don't even know. Judging by the lack of competency at that surgery, I would not trust anyone to write anything for patients. I will probably be changing surgery with the next week or so.

4. Several phone calls to the DWP, they assured me that my ESA payments would not be stopped, but to send ESA50 asap. They also said there was a code or some type of alert on the computer system about me, that I should be given longer to finish the form. Is this true? I phoned 3 times, and was told the same by 3 different agents.
If true, does this mean, they will not stop my ESA payments for being late?

If they do stop my payments, what is the fastest way of getting it sorted out? I would literally die wihtou these payments, because of my allergies, I can literally eat 3 single foods on its own, and nothing else. I can only drink Evian water and react to any other beverages or tap water.

If they have not cut me off yet, what can I put in the cover letter that would be helpful to my cause? Should i enclose the letter from my surgery even though its not professional nor is it clinical?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224133 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic FORM 113 sent to GP
chafur

1. Definitely. I would consider sending it incomplete and providing the additional information when you can.

2. It can't do any harm for you to speak to the GP practice about the letter, you can then decide whether to send it or not.

3. You can't ask them not to complete the ESA113, they are required to complete the form, although we do know that many are not in fact returned by the required date.

4. There may well be a flag on your file but I'm afraid the only person who can accept a Late ESA50 is a Decision Maker, that's why I recommend that you get it back asap and if necessary, incomplete.

If your ESA is stopped and in the interim, you have returned the ESA50 then it should be possible to get your claim re-instated but if not then you will have to request an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: chafur47

More
5 years 3 months ago #224167 by chafur47
Replied by chafur47 on topic FORM 113 sent to GP
Thank you Gordon. Still no letter from the practice manager,
who is new, and not very bright!! Just posted, it gets worse!!

More
5 years 3 months ago #224168 by chafur47
Replied by chafur47 on topic FORM 113 sent to GP
Thank you Gordon, its now much worse, I posted a new post.!!!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.