× Members

PIP MR - prompting

More
5 years 3 months ago #224154 by Missjenniferd
PIP MR - prompting was created by Missjenniferd
I have just received my PIP decision and will be submitting a MR. I lost a lot of points due to the fact that the DWP concluded I could carry out activities due to prompting which is far from the truth. Yes I get reminded to wash eat go to places but due to my severe depression and mental health as some of you may know is not enough to make you do these things. Since there are no boxes to tick to state you mentally cannot do simple tasks why am I being penalised because in their words I still have all limbs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224174 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP MR - prompting
J

I think you will struggle with this approach, the PIP Descriptors are very specific and you can only score for these if you meet the criteria defined in those Descriptors.

As an example for Taking Nutrition, one of the activities you mention, the Descriptors are;

2. Taking nutrition.
a. Can take nutrition unaided. 0 points.
b. Needs –
(i) to use an aid or appliance to be able to take nutrition; or
(ii) supervision to be able to take nutrition; or
(iii) assistance to be able to cut up food. 2 points.
c. Needs a therapeutic source to be able to take nutrition. 2 points.
d. Needs prompting to be able to take nutrition. 4 points.
e. Needs assistance to be able to manage a therapeutic source to take nutrition. 6 points.
f. Cannot convey food and drink to their mouth and needs another person to do so. 10 points.

So to score higher than the four points you would get for needing prompting (c), you would need to be using a therapeutic source, or unable to eat at all.

So you need to go back to each activity and look at the criteria that will allow you to score higher and consider how you would explain to the DWP your meeting it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.