× Members

PIP Assessment

More
5 years 3 months ago #224163 by Lorraine
PIP Assessment was created by Lorraine
Evening
had assessment today. Do the DWP make their decision based on the assessors report and is it the assessor who awards the points?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224183 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment

Lorraine wrote: Evening
had assessment today. Do the DWP make their decision based on the assessors report and is it the assessor who awards the points?
Thank you

A DWP Decision Maker will use the report as one of the documents that they will review in order to make their Decision. The assessor makes a recommendation on the points you should receive but the DM is not bound by this although they do usually follow that recommendation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224186 by Lorraine
Replied by Lorraine on topic PIP Assessment
Thank you for your prompt response Gordon. Any idea how long decisions are taking. I’m in Scotland
Thank you

More
5 years 3 months ago #224190 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment

Lorraine wrote: Thank you for your prompt response Gordon. Any idea how long decisions are taking. I’m in Scotland
Thank you

Best guess from the feedback in the forum is eight weeks, I don't have information that is specific to Scotland so it could be sooner or longer but I wouldn't expect any significant difference.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.